Computer Science & Engineering
"Where excellence is a way of life"
Everything is changing and the people making these changes are Engineers. We make things and we make things better. Our collective challenges are steep and they are global.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2001 and affiliated to Anna University, approved by AICTE, accredited to NBA, ISO certified. This Department has all the s necessary to carve a successful Computer Engineer of an international standard. The department attracts projects from outside and develops the software in its own project lab with the help of its eminent faculty members and students. Being a forerunner in the field, the Department is constantly modernizing its facilities to adapt itself to the rapidly changing technological scenario.
There are several ways to present the canonical core of Computer Science. Over the years we have developed a distinctive style and method that bridges the division between theory and practice yet remaining grounded with the core. The department is committed to the free software and open source movements, as typified by Linux. It further believes that reading and modifying open source code is an essential and effective tool for the practical software development.
Programmes offered by the Department are:
B.E. Computer Science and Engineering
M.E. Computer Science and Engineering
To provide the best opportunity to the students to attain technical excellence in the field of Computer Science & Engineering and emerging technologies. To develop a comprehensive and integrated personality.
To produce high quality Computer Science and Engineering professionals adaptable to the changing environment, with all-round managerial capabilities, and commitment to the society.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO's):
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO's):
PEO 1: FUNDAMENTALS:
To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze Engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
PEO 2: CORE COMPETENCE:
To develop the ability among students to apply current industry practices and technologies to analyse, design, implement, test and verify computing systems and computer based solutions to real world problems.To prepare students for successful careers in industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.
PEO 3: ENGINEERING SYSTEM DESIGN:
To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects. Graduates shall have relevant Engineering programming experience so that they shall understand the relationship between theory and practice programming knowledge and teamwork.
PEO 4: EFFICIENT ENGINEER:
Graduates shall possess the skills with which students can visualize the problems and convey solutions enabling them to work in teams and to be an effective lead.
PEO 5: LIFE-LONG LEARNING/ETHICS:
To promote awareness of the life-long learning and to develop students as Professionals with ethics and make them responsible citizens to promote Industrial progress growth and societal transformation.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of Mathematics, Random Process, Numerical Methods, Physics and Chemistry.
- Graduates will demonstrate ability to Frame code, Design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to code that meets desired specification and requirements.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to visualize, work on laboratory and multi-disciplinary task.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve Computational problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their Professional and Ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Graduates will develop confidence for self-education and ability for life-long learning.
- Graduates will show the understanding of impact of Engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
- Graduates will demonstrate skills to use modern Engineering tools, software and equipments to analyze problems in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Graduates who can participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, GRE.